Perfect Pan Seared Salmon
I know as busy mama's we are always looking for meals that are quick and preferably use the least amount of dishes possible. Well, this dish is that to a tee, friend! Getting a big piece of salmon can easily feed our family of 4. I just divvy it up after it's done cooking. It's easy, requires only salt and pepper as seasonings, and is full of incredible nutrients (healthy fat and fish oil for heart and brain health!) as well!
Here's the thing though, you need to use good butter or ghee (it makes this dish, in my opinion). My favorite butter is Kerrygold, and my favorite brand of ghee is Fourth & Heart!
Let's talk about ghee though for a minute. I've tried so many brands and I have to say that the flavor and texture are two of the things that keep me coming back for more of Forth & Heart. Most ghee I've found at the grocery store are overly melted, gritty and chunky. Fourth & Heart ghee is always smooth and creamy and tastes amazing. Not overly buttery but has that perfect butter taste that we all love. For those of us who are dairy-free, we miss good butter a whole lot! Fourth & Heart is available at most health food stores and online, through their website and Thrive Market.
Just look at that texture! 😍
- 1 tablespoon Fourth & Heart Himalayan Pink Salt Ghee (or whatever flavor you have!)
- 1 large salmon filet
- pink salt
- ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Heat ghee in a large skillet (preferably cast iron) until the pan is very hot.
- Season salmon liberally on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place salmon skin-side down on the pan and sear for 4-5 minutes.
- Carefully flip the salmon filet over and sear on the other side for 4-5 minutes until golden. We love ours very crispy, which is what packs this salmon with flavor!
- Place skillet in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, depending on thickness of the fish.
- Serve with a salad or roasted green vegetables.
Looking to plan a Whole30 soon and need a simple way to plan your meals? My Whole30 Meal Planning Guide is for you!
This post was done in partnership with Fourth & Heart Ghee. All opinions are my own and I only share products with you that I love and know you will too!