The Perfect Soft Boiled Egg
Y'all know I love meal prep. One of the things that's always on my meal prep are a big batch of hard boiled eggs. Everyone in our family loves them, especially the kids. I started seeing people doing soft boiled eggs, but their method had them peeling the eggs while they were still hot and I was not willing to try that! ;) So I tried a new way of cooking my eggs and found the perfect soft boiled, easy to peel eggs for snacking or adding to meals!
- eggs...however many you want!
- 1 cup ice
- Fill a medium sized sauce pan with water and bring to a boil.
- Using a slotted spoon, carefully place eggs into the boiling water.
- Set a time for 8 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, quickly and carefully drain the water and fill with cold water from the sink. Add 1 cup of ice for every half dozen eggs (1 ice tray is good). The cold shocks the eggs and stops the cooking, allowing for seamless peeling later.
- Once the eggs are cooled off, dry and store in the refrigerator.
My favorite way to eat soft boiled eggs:
- as an on-the-go snack or breakfast
- in a breakfast salad
- cut up over a cobb salad
- with roasted brussel sprouts or sweet potatoes and taco meat as a quick lunch that can be prepped ahead