Kid's Gluten Free Trail Mix
I'm always looking for good snack options for my kids, both for at home and on-the-go. We often times need something super portable and something that little hands can grab, that wont make a giant mess! We love us some homemade energy bars or muffins, but they can get crumbly, which isn't great for the car, library, or park outings!
This kiddo trail mix takes minutes (seconds?) to throw together and gets some good nutrients in your kiddos with a little treat as well. We keep some in the car and their backpacks when we will be out of the house for a long time. If kept in an airtight container, you should be able to make a big batch to last a while. But trust me, your kids will fly through this stuff!
- 3/4 cup gluten free o's cereal
- 1/2 cup freeze dried strawberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips (free of the top 14 allergens)
- Optional: coconut flakes, other kinds of dried fruit
- Pour all the ingredients into a container and close. Gently shake to mix everything together and store in a cool dry place for up to two weeks.