2017 Fall Recipe Rotation
What is a seasonal recipe rotation? It is a set of 16 dinner recipes that you choose at the beginning of each season. These recipes are meant to be tried and true ones you know your family loves. Each season lasts 3 months (approximately 12 weeks, or 84 days) Choosing 16 recipes means that I will rotate through all of them approximately 5 times within a 3 month period. Not bad! This allows me to eat with the produce that is currently in season, saving money and eating the healthiest I can. Once we start to get tired of eating these recipes, it's time to switch things up again for a new season, keeping things fresh for dinner time - a struggle for every family!
Each week when I go to plan our meals, I simply turn to the Tried & True Recipes section of my Seasonal Meal Planner and pick out the ones we want to eat that week. This saves me buckets of time because I'm not having to reinvent the wheel each and every week. I spent way too many years taking up an hour, sometimes more, on a Sunday afternoon to meal plan! That's prime time that I want to be spending with my husband and family, not choosing meals for the week that my family may not even enjoy!
With this system in mind, here are the dinners my family will be enjoying this Fall!
- Veggie packed meat sauce with brown rice pasta or zucchini noodles +
- Thai stew *
- Fall sheet pan
- Chili and sweet potato cornbread or paleo cornbread +
- Butternut squash carbonara
- Moroccan Chicken with cauliflower couscous
- Kale + bacon pork tenderloin with mashed potatoes +
- Roasted Aidells chicken apple sausage and acorn squash rings (sheet pan dinner)
- Roasted chicken thighs with creamy pecan brussells sprouts
- Pork carnita bowls *
- Thai chicken soup *
- Pear + Italian sausage pizza (like California Pizza Kitchen! Yum :))
- Pad Thai with brown rice spaghetti +
- Grilled chicken pesto kebabs (with this pesto recipe) and zesty purple cabbage slaw +
- Crockpot chicken tikka masala *
- Roast chicken and vegetables
* slow cooker recipes
+ these recipes are perfect for inviting people over!
All of these recipes can also be found on my following Pinterest boards: