Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream
One of my favorite bloggers is here today to share with you a yummy, decadent chocolate peanut butter ice cream recipe! I hope you will check out Oak & Oats, where she has the ultimate and most beautiful lifestyle blog.
Let me let you in on a little secret, I’m not into the whole chocolate / peanut butter combo (only exception: Puppy Chow.) I know it is weird but that is how I roll. I do however live with a man who loves the combo and a group of friends who think the richness of chocolate paired with the creaminess of peanut butter is to die for, so I took it upon myself to make them an ice cream they would fawn after.
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Coco Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Bakers Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
- In a pan, heat up the milk and whipping cream on medium heat until it simmers. Add in coco powder and stir until dissolved.
- In a separate bowl, whip the eggs and sugar together until fluffy.
- Slowly add the simmering milk/chocolate mixture to the eggs and continue whisking together.
- Once all mixed, set in fridge until completely cool (4-6 hours)
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker follow manufacturer’s instructions (usually let mix about 20-30 minutes.)
- While the ice cream is mixing, use the microwave to heat up the peanut butter for 30 seconds or until liquidy and pour-able. Pour into the ice cream while it is mixing.
- Enjoy right away for a soft serve taste or place in freezer proof container and let freeze for 5+ hours to achieve an ice cream consistency.
Hello! I’m Elizabeth – an ENFJ, wife to Bruce, Jesus follower, dreamer, artist, encourager, champion of dreams, and the owner of Oak + Oats. I live in the beautiful Colorado Rocky Mountains and I’m passionate about community, living abundantly, and living a creative lifestyle.