My business is committed to the following code:
1. I commit to keeping my eyes on the Lord and asking Him to fill me with a vision for my business.
- Let your eyes look directly forward, and your gave be straight before you. Ponder the path of your feet; then all your ways will be sure. – Proverbs 4:25-26
- I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. – Philippians 3:14
2. I commit to working for the Lord’s approval instead of man’s.
- Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. – Colossians 3:23
- Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not. – Galatians 1:10
3. I commit to allowing the Lord to create the blueprint for my business knowing the foundation HE builds will be a solid one.
- Unless the Lord builds a house, the work of the builders is wasted. – Psalm 127:1a
- Commit your work to the LORD, and your plans will be established. – Proverbs 16:3
4. I commit to working hard and not leaning too heavily on the work of others.
- Work hard and become a leader; be lazy and become a slave. – Proverbs 12:24
5. I commit to embracing the quietness of working on what the Lord has put before me and not seeking what others worked hard for.
- And to aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one. – 1 Thessalonians 4:11-12
6. I commit to having a teachable spirit that is sensitive so the Lord can reveal to me any areas that aren’t in line with His plan for my shop.
- My son, if you receive my words and treasure up my commandments with you, making your ear attentive to wisdom and inclining your heart to understanding; yes, if you call out for insight and raise your voice for understanding, if you seek it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God. For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding; he stores up sound wisdom for the upright; he is a shield to those who walk in integrity. – Proverbs 2:1-7
7. I commit to find my identity and worth in Christ and not in the things that I do or in numbers, sales, or followers.
- I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. – Galatians 2:20
8. I commit to be faithful in the little things and to create as an act of worship to my Maker.
- If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones. But if you are dishonest in little things, you won’t be honest with greater responsibilities. – Luke 16:10 (NLT)
- So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. – 1 Corinthians 10:31
9. I commit to champion my sisters in Christ, encourage them with my words and actions, and bless them as they follow Jesus and use their gifts for HIS glory.
- Make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been given, and then sink yourself into that. Don’t be impressed with yourself. Don’t compare yourself with others. Each of you must take responsibility for doing the creative best you can with your own life. – Galatians 6:4-5 (MSG)