In a season full of stews and soups, sometimes it's nice to have something a bit lighter for dinner while still incorporating your favorite elements of the season. This salad is that kind of dish for me. This dish also makes a great addition to a baby shower, birthday party table or a potluck dinner!
I love the crunch of the pumpkin seeds mixed with the tangy sweetness of dried cranberries. Since this dish includes protein, veggies and quinoa, we just eat a bowl of it and call it a day for dinner...super simple!
- 1 pound chicken thighs
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries (I prefer unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Chop the hard ends off the asparagus and discard. Chop the remaining asparagus and add to a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Drizzle asparagus with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper on both sides and place on top of the asparagus on the baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa according to the package instructions (usually 1 cup of dry quinoa and 2 cups of water, boiled until water is completely absorbed).
- When the chicken and asparagus are done baking, take them out of the oven and let the chicken cool for a few minutes. Rough chop the chicken and mix it with the asparagus, quinoa, cranberries pumpkin seeds and dressing in a large bowl.
- Serve at room temperature.