This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FarFromOrdinaryMilk #CollectiveBias
I've always had a special craving for the flavors of Italian food. My whole life people have asked me if I was Italian, I presume because of my maiden name, Larrinaga, and dark features. We made many Italian dinners and served antipasto as an appetizer when guests would come over for dinner in our home all growing up.
This love for Italian flavors only increased after I spent a summer in Italy. This dish focuses on simple yet flavorful ingredients - tomatoes, Promised Land milk for a touch of creaminess, garlic and basil. All these flavors remind me of my childhood and this sweet time spent in a beautiful country with a love of simple food.
Italian flood is all about the flavor, and when it comes to milk, extraordinary flavor comes from extraordinary cows.
Our family has been drinking Promised Land milk for years. It's one of the only brands of cow's milk at the grocery store I trust. When we buy milk from our dairy, it's from Jersey cows because it's the creamiest and sweetest out there. Of course it isn't super convenient to drive all the way to a dairy, and most people don't have access to this, so Promised Land is literally the next best thing.
The black and white spotted Holstein cow produces 90% of the milk we drink in the US, and the Jersey cows (from the British Isle of Jersey, not New Jersey) are much more unique and rare, making up less than 10% of the milk we drink. Because of this, their quality is tremendous. It's creamier and naturally higher in protein and calcium than other milk found at the store. Promised Land Diary doesn’t add hormones and is tested for antibiotics. We find ours at Target!
- Cooking oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound chicken thighs
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes (about 5-6 tomato pieces with some of the oil), chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine (we used Chardonnay)
- 1/2 cup Promised Land Homogenized Milk
- 1 teaspoon basil (about 6-7 leaves), chopped
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and melt some cooking oil.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and brown on both sides.
- Remove chicken to a plate, lower the heat and saute onions and garlic.
- When the onions are beginning to become translucent, add sun-dried tomatoes.
- Pour in wine and bring the heat up again to medium-high. Season again with salt and pepper, and let the wine reduce by about half.
- Pour in milk, stir and add chicken back to the pan, lowering heat to low. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle chopped basil over the top just before serving.
Earn $0.75 cash back with any purchase of any variety of Promised Land Dairy Milk products 32oz. or larger using this Ibotta deal!